The Minute Mover program provides volunteers with the unique opportunity to be part of a concentrated leadership experience. Minute movers will help transform Move In Day for all of our residents through serving as the welcoming team and assisting students and families unload and move their belongings from the curb to their rooms.
Minute Movers can look forward to adding their experience in this position to their resumes, while making new connections with students and staff that could potentially open future doorways for opportunities on campus. Our Minute Mover volunteers will also receive exclusive program t-shirts, the satisfaction of being part of new campus history, and a great leadership experience.
We hope that you choose to apply for a Minute Mover position! Please take a few moments to review the position requirements and expectations below.
What is a Minute Mover?
Minute movers are student volunteers who will be part of the Fall 2014 Opening team. You will help move students into the residence halls on August 29th, August 30th and 31st. You will have the opportunity to:
- Greet students and families as they arrive and help welcome them to our campus!
- Act as a resource for information about student life and living at UMass Amherst.
- Serve as a role model for other students
- Have fun and show your school spirit!
What are the time commitments?
The Minute Mover experience will begin when you return to campus early and move into your fall assignment. Minute Movers will move in the morning of August 28th. Training will occur on the afternoon of the 28th. During Move-In, you will work 2-3 shifts for a total of up to 12 hours. Number of shifts and length is dependent upon how many Minute Movers sign up.
What can I expect from the Minute Mover experience?
In addition to serving as a student leader for the University, you can expect the following:
- You will be part of a select group of student leaders who are being allowed to move in early for fall opening and the early arrival fees for housing will be waived.
- Your early arrival meal plan from lunch on Thursday (8/28) through dinner on Saturday (8/30) will be covered.
- A Minute Mover T-shirt will be provided that you will wear during your shifts throughout the experience.
- A documentable leadership experience that you can use on your resume and future leadership/employment applications.
Do you have a question about Minute Movers? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.