Minute Movers Team Leaders
We are now accepting Team Leader applications for Fall Move-In 2015!
Click here to start your application!
Have you been a Minute Mover before? Consider becoming a Move-In Team Leader!
Any student who has been a Minute Mover in the past is eligible to become a Team Leader. A Team Leader is not required to live on campus. Main duties of Team Leaders include training Minute Movers and supervising groups of Minute Movers during Fall Move-In 2015
What is a Team Leader?
Team Leaders are paid student employees who will be part of the Fall 2015 Opening team. You will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee a team of Minute Movers to welcome students and their families to campus
- Directly collaborate with Residence Director(s) and traffic cadets to ensure smooth traffic flow in unload zones
- Adapt to change and unpredictable situations in high stress circumstances
- Make adjustments to Minute Mover work flow strategies as needed
- Act as a resource for information about student life and living at UMass Amherst
- Have fun and show your school spirit
- Other duties as assigned
What are the benefits?
Team Leaders can look forward to adding their experience to their resumes, while making new connections with students and staff that could potentially open future doorways for opportunities on campus. In addition to the standard Minute Mover benefits, Team Leaders will receive $10.50/hour wage pay (plus overtime when applicable) for approximately 30 hours of work. As a Team Leader, you will also gain the satisfaction of being part of campus history and a getting great leadership experience.
What are the time commitments?
If offered the position, each Team Leader is required to attend two training sessions upon early return to campus. The Minute Mover experience begins on Wednesday, September 2nd. Team Leaders who live on campus will return to campus early that morning.
The first session of Team Leader training will be with your staff teams on September 2nd at 1 PM. The second session of Team Leader training will be with your Minute Mover team(s) on September 3rd at 10 AM. Training will total 8-10 hours. During Move In, you will work two 9 1/2 hour shifts (with a break for lunch).
What can I expect from the Team Leader experience?
In addition to serving as a student leader for the University, you can expect the following:
- If you live on campus, you will be part of a select group of student leaders who are being allowed to move in early for fall opening and the early arrival fees for housing will be waived.
- You will receive eight complementary Dining Commons meals starting with lunch on Wednesday (9/2) through dinner on Saturday (9/4).
- The University provides you with two official Team Leader T-shirts that you will wear during your shifts throughout the experience.
- Team Leaders will receive $10.50 per hour for approximately 30 hours of work (training on 9/2 & 9/3, and 2 move in days).
- A documentable leadership experience that you can use on your resume and future leadership/employment applications.
We hope that you choose to apply for the Team Leader position! If upon reviewing this information you are interested, complete the application no later than midnight on Friday, February 20, 2015. Qualified candidates will receive interview offers the following week.
Do you have a question about becoming a Team Leader? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Denny Bobot at 413-577-1129.