New Graduate Students
We are in the process of determining Current Graduate interest in Fall 2014 housing. The New Graduate Housing Application and Prepayment link will be available on March 28th.
Spring 2014 Graduate On-Campus Housing
For more information about what you will need for your room, please click here.
Graduate Housing Rates
|Occupancy||Cost per Semester|
|Spring 2014 per semester Rate||
$3,770.00 2-Bedroom Apartment
Graduate Residence Hall Contract
In addition to the application and payment, graduate students who live on campus are required to sign a Graduate Residence Hall Contract. This contract outlines the residential living obligations of both you and the University. The Contract is a specific and legally binding document. Make sure you read the Contract thoroughly. If there are parts of the Contract that you do not understand, please call Residential Life Student Services at (413) 545-2100 and ask for clarification. No graduate student will be permitted to select a room assignment until the Contract has been signed.
For more information, please contact Residential Life Student Services
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 5 pm, 235 Whitmore Administration Building
To search for off-campus accommodations, or to submit a Renter Profile, please visit the Off Campus Housing website www.umocss.org
Fall 2014 Graduate Apartment Selection
Application Available: March 28, 2014 - July 13, 2014 (or until all spaces have filled)
Priority Appointments Post: May 19, 2014 by noon
Room Selection: May 20, 2014 - July 14, 2014 at 11:59pm
Graduate students for spring 2014vwill be housed in fully furnished Lincoln Apartments or single rooms in Cashin Residence Hall. Graduate students will have the opportunity to select from:
One Bedroom: Private Apartment
Two Bedroom: Private Bedroom, Shared Apartment
Studio Apartment: Private Apartment
Spaces will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority consideration for students who currently live on campus. After on-campus students have selected, new Graduate students will have the opportunity to secure an assignment. Based on this, highly desirable spaces such as studio apartments may have limited availability.
To apply for an on campus assignment, graduate students must submit an application and applicable payment. Complete all application fields. Residential Life will provide appointments based on the order in which we receive completed applications, which include the prepayment and the electronic application. We require that your application include the following information:
• Your UMass email address. Important Housing information will be sent to you using this email address.
• A telephone number where you can be reliably contacted.
• An answer to the U.S. felony conviction question. We cannot process your application without your response to this question.
• Prior to submitting the Housing Application, applicants for graduate housing must submit a non-refundable prepayment of $300.00 in U.S. Funds. This $300 pre-payment will be applied to the cost of housing fees on your fall bill. This amount will NOT be refunded if your residency plans change. Students who do not select an assignment or who cancel their assignment prior to the end of the contract period will forfeit the $300 non-refundable housing prepayment.
• Payment must be made using our Online Payment Service. This link will be available at the top of this page beginning March 28, 2014. Students using the Online Payment Service can make payments using Discover, MasterCard, American Express or eCheck (U.S. Bank account only). Students who submit an online prepayment must also pay an additional 2.7% ($8.10) service charge. Students who are unable to pay online must enclose $300.00 in U.S. currency in the form of a traveler's check, cashier's check, or U.S. Postal Money Order. No personal checks, wire transfers, credit card payments, or cash can be accepted.
Once you have submitted your $300 Housing Prepayment, complete the Graduate Housing application (Available March 28, 2014 - July 13, 2014) and email it to: GradLiving@sacl.umass.edu
If you are unable to submit the prepayment electronically, mail your prepayment to:
Residential Life Student Services
235 Whitmore Administration Building
181 Presidents Drive,
Amherst, MA 01003-9393.
Selecting a Room Assignment
In most instances, when a completed application and prepayment is received an email will be sent to graduate students' OIT email address instructing them to log on to SPIRE, sign the Graduate Residence Hall Contract, submit a Housing Profile. This email will also include instructions for using Online Room Selection in SPIRE to select a fall 2014 assignment. All graduate students who submit complete applications prior to May 18, 2014 will see their appointment posted by 12:00pm on May 19th. Room Selection will be available from May 20, 2014 - July 14, 2014.
Lincoln Apartment Parking
Students living in the Lincoln apartments are eligible to purchase a parking permit from Parking Services. Spaces are limited and permits will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Student Services must notify Parking Services that you are eligible for a parking permit before you may purchase a permit, therefore you may not request a permit until after you have selected a space on campus.
One week after you have secured a housing assignment, you may contact Parking Services to inquire about available lot spaces.